Fairview Shetland is a self-catering property set in a picturesque location overlooking the sea at Gulberwick, Shetland. It is available to rent all year round.
Because we deeply value the environment which forms an integral part of the property’s appeal for our guests, we are committed to a continuing reduction and review of the environmental impact of the use of the property and to the support of sustainable tourism within the Shetland Islands. To nurture this policy all of us who look after Fairview are committed, wherever possible, to:
- Complying with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Regularly reviewing our use of resources, including water and energy, and seeking ways to reduce their use while still delivering the quality of care that our guests look for in their use of the property.
- Protecting the natural environment in the land around the property for which we are responsible.
- Encouraging our guests to enjoy and value the local environment everywhere in Shetland and in so doing, to minimise their impact on it.
- Minimising supply chains by sourcing products used in operation of the property which are produced locally; and informing our guests of local food and product suppliers.
- Reducing waste and use of products which may have a detrimental impact on the environment, recycling the items for which there are recycling facilities in the islands and finding ways to re-use items which are no longer required in the property.
- Working with local suppliers and contractors who subscribe to similar sustainability objectives.
- Working with local and national tourism bodies to find ways to add to the sustainability of tourism in Shetland.
Claire Griffiths – owner
2022-12-23 Rev6. This policy is to be reviewed annually each November and amended as necessary.